COME AND SERVE WITH US! Here's what you can do:
INNER CITY OUTREACH
Dates: (to be announced)
Length: 9-10 days
Goals and Description: Reaching city (Kishinev, the capital of Moldova) for Christ through:
a) One-on-one evangelism, sports (basketball, soccer, volleyball, etc.),
c) Food Delivery to widows, veterans and elderly (helping those in need),
d) And just being a LINK between MOLDOVA TEAM and PEOPLE OF MOLDOVA so that when you leave, we could continue ministering to them.
Accommodations: The American team will be staying in the hotel.
Transportation: Transportation is provided from and to the airport as well as to and from the ministry site. Expect walking.
R&R: We will organize the time for the team to tour the city and shop for souvenirs.
Cost: Approximately $2,300 - 2,700, depending how far in advance you purchase the tickets, (Airfare + $700 for in-country expenses). The airfare may vary in the summer between $1400-1900. The money for in-country expenses covers transportation, food, logging, translators. You may want to take extra money for souvenirs, etc.
Dates: (to be announced)
Length: 9-10 days
Goals: Reaching teenagers for Christ through:
a) Daily lessons, discussion groups, all camp events including music, skits, assignments for teens.
b) In case of the English (ESL) Camp: daily English lessons, discussion groups, games, all camp events
including music, skits, assignments for teens.
c) Daily sports events (soccer, volleyball, football, baseball, etc.)
d) One-on-one evangelism and personal interaction with teens where they learn more about your culture
and what you do
e) Being a LINK between MOLDOVA TEAM and TEENS OF MOLDOVA so that when you leave, we could continue ministering to them.
Description: Reaching the Youth for Christ through in a Camp setting: The American Team will be helping with operation of the camp, conducting sports activities, evening discussion groups, skits, helping lead daily activities, set and clean up tables, and helping with logistics of running the camp to the best of their abilities. Team members need to be able to share the gospel and their personal testimony. Based on the skills of the team members they may help with crafts, music, etc.
Age Group of Teens:
1) Kids Camp: 10-14 years old
2) Youth Camp: 15-19 years old
3) English Camp: 15-21 years old
Accommodations: The American team will be staying in the camp cabins (3-4 persons per cabin) with hot water showers, running restrooms, 5 meals a day.
Transportation: Transportation will be provided from the airport and back as well as to and back from the camp site.
R&R: There will organized time for the team to tour the city and shop for souvenirs.
Cost: $2300 - 2700 (Airfare + $700 for in-country expenses) The airfare may vary in the summer between $1400-1900. The money for in-country expenses covers transportation, food, logging, translators as well as pays for kids and teens in the camp. The kids also pay a fee to be in the camp, but it does not cover the entire stay.
CLICK HERE to watch a video of our Summer Camps!
INTERNSHIP IN MOLDOVA
We would like to invite you to consider the summer ministry internship in Moldova. It is a way to experience a mission field and serve in more than a short term mission trip. It provides a different pace and more ministry experience in Eastern European country.
Over the past years we have had an opportunity to host summer interns from San Antonio (TX), Midland (TX), Chicago (IL), and Georgetown (TX).
The summer in Moldova is filled with different events, projects and outreaches. Example would be:
(1) Inner City - an outreach to youth and teenagers on the local high-school stadium involving sport (volleyball, basketball, soccer, baseball), card games, american club events, etc.
(2) Camps at a KBC campground in the north of the country (aprox. 65 miles from capital).
(3) Visitation of elderly and ministry to their spiritual, physical and emotional needs.
1. The intern should expect to be a part of a team and be willing and able to work with other interns and Moldova ministry team.
2. The intern will be assigned a mentor to help further develop their sense of calling in the ministry field as well as abilities in communication and leadership tasks that will be necessary. Mentor will help in teaching spiritual disciplines and promote growth.
3. Prior to arrival the intern needs to familiarize him/herself with background of church, statement of faith, vision, and mission. The intern is expected to have respect for church, its leadership, statement of faith, and vision/mission.
4. There will be multiple opportunities for the intern to have learning experiences in teaching, speaking, leading, planning, and working with other church staff. The intern should expect to be busy.
5. There will be the opportunity for consistent language training (Russian). The intern needs to express the intent to study the language prior to arrival to Moldova during the application process.
6. The intern should be willing to step outside of his/her comfort zone, flexible, learn and acknowledge both the mundane and rewarding tasks that are involved with ministry.
7. The intern is expected to be under the leadership of the Kishinev Bible Church pastors. He/she should come with a teachable spirit and be open to stretching their thinking.
8. The intern is expected to be involved in all or most ministry events and experience as many ministries as possible.
9. The intern is expected to make a commitment to "No Dating Policy" while in Moldova. This means an intern is not allowed to enter in a romantic relationship or go on a date while in Moldova.
10. The intern needs to have a support of his/her local church in order to be considered for the program.
Dates: The intern comes to Moldova in the end of May or first part of June and stays through middle of August.
Entry Visa: There is no need for visa for USA citizens since interns come as a tourists and are not employed in Moldova. The total time in Moldova cannot exceed 90 days. A stay above 90 days requires a different visa arrangements.
Accommodations: Interns stay in a rented apartment they share with other interns. Usually either one or two in a room. (Depending on the number of interns at a given time)
Budget: Based on three month internship (the overall monthly budget is $850 per month) the intern is required to raise $2550 for the summer.
$250 - 300 - housing and utilities.
$200 - 250 - food and misc.
$250 - 300 - ministry funds (enables the intern to be involved in special projects, take youth and teens out on personal meetings, etc.)
The airfare to and from Moldova costs approximately $1200-1800 depending on time of travel. Please, contact us if you need help purchasing your airfare.